When it comes to your wedding, definitely spend on the things that matter most to you. Two things your guests are sure to remember are good food and good music!
DJ's don't just make announcements, they keep you on schedule and also keep the party flowing. The wedding photographer is another must have...they have been through this before and are excellent at letting you know what makes the most memorable wedding photos.
OK, we've made it clear on what NOT to skimp on for your wedding day so let's see what has the largest impact on savings!
* Cutting your wedding guest list...this saves money across the board, place settings, favors, dinners and invitations.
* Get married in off-peak seasons. Couples can save easily by getting married in November, December, January and February. Hey, we were both married in December and were able to enjoy venues already decorated for Christmas at no additional cost. Plus it was wonderful to plan a winter honeymoon to escape from the snow here in Michigan!
* Plan to marry on any day except a Saturday. Saturdays tend to be the most popular wedding day and venues charge more because of this. Try a Friday and enjoy the extra long weekend full of visiting with out of town guests.
* Buy your wedding gown from a designer sample sale or from Etsy....the choices are endless. Reading reviews from past customers can relieve any anxiety about buying online!
* Purchase gorgeous wedding jewelry that you can wear again and again. Sparkle and pearls are great for any special occasion.
There you go...a few of the most cost effective ways to save on your wedding day!